FERGUSON, Mo. — Summer heat beat down upon the protest strip Thursday, but the tension seemed to be cooling. Marchers were sparse on a hot Thursday night along West Florissant Avenue, scene of nightly protests — often tense and sometimes violent — since Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson fatally shot Michael Brown, 18, on Aug. 9.…
Help us out
If you like what you see on this site, please make a donation. Your money will be used to promote the site -- and maybe buy lunch for your intrepid publisher.
- Official: French airstrikes destroy Islamic State weapons facilities
- City council votes to break up Florida, citing rising seas
- Only one gunman involved in Ottawa attack, police say
- Harvey F. Lodish: Budget cuts threaten biomedical research
- Joy Rohde: Police militarization is a legacy of cold war paranoia
- Who should get experimental Ebola medications? Are they safe?
- Marjorie E. Wood: You just got ‘richsplained’
- Afghanistan poppy crop at record highs, despite U.S. efforts