FERGUSON, Mo. — Summer heat beat down upon the protest strip Thursday, but the tension seemed to be cooling. Marchers were sparse on a hot Thursday night along West Florissant Avenue, scene of nightly protests — often tense and sometimes violent — since Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson fatally shot Michael Brown, 18, on Aug. 9.…
Help us out
If you like what you see on this site, please make a donation. Your money will be used to promote the site -- and maybe buy lunch for your intrepid publisher.
- Supreme Court allows Texas to require photo IDs for voting
- Sam Pizzigati: America’s grand fortunes go overboard
- Saskia Vermeylen: Who owns the moon?
- Mysterious US military space plane returns to Earth
- Robert Reich: Taxpayers heavily subsidize elite private universities
- Why the poor pay $1,400 for old iPads and more in MuckReads Weekly
- Mary Sanchez: We must address racial disparity in police shootings
- As Clean Water Act ages, Washington state groups spar over its meaning